If you opt out, you must file.

If your village opted out of the on-premises sale or consumption of marijuana, in addition to filing the law with the Secretary of State, you must file a copy with the Office of Cannabis Management.  That can be done online through their website — cannabis.ny.gov   Click on the Local Government link.  You will find additional relevant information on their website.

Survey results

Our recent survey produced only 29 responses (out of a possible 64).  Every responding village elected or will elect to opt out of the sale of marijuana and on-site consumption.  One additional village did not opt only because it has no commercial property.